This week’s Wednesday’s Wishlist is a print trend special!
Print is HUGE this Spring/Summer with Peter Pilotto, Isabel Marant and Balenciaga all incorporating some crazy print or another in their 2012 collections. So it comes to no surprise that I HAD to pick some printy items for this week’s wishlist! The look which I am going for is ‘clashing’ and ‘girly’.
From L-R: 1. Urban Outfitters Bright Aztec Backpack, 2. River Island Bright Pink Lace Blazer, 3. Topshop Hieroglyph Piped Halter Dress, 4. Topshop Meadham Kirchhoff Nail Wraps, 5. Miss Selfridge Silver Moon & Star Earrings & 6. Harvey Nichols Violent Lips in the Pink Polka.
1. Bright Aztec Backpack, £46 Urban Outfitters– Tribal prints are big this season with Herve Leger, Burberry and Alexander Wang all including this trend in their S/S 2012 collections. So I thought that this UO Aztec backpack would bode well with the ‘clashing print’ look I am trying to achieve this week! This backpack is handy for all your needs – from shopping, to carrying your university work – it’s trendy and practical! All I need now is my student loan…
2. Bright Pink Lace Blazer, £50 River Island – I included this blazer into my Wednesday Wishlist because it reminds me of candy-coloured clothing – as seen on the catwalks of Alexander McQueen, Fendi and Jonathan Saunders. This cute pink lace blazer will mesh well with the hieroglyphic dress and polka dot lips!
3. Hieroglyph Piped Halter Dress, £165 Topshop Unique – This dress is part of Topshop Unique’s Spring/Summer 2012 collection, and I must say that despite the hefty price, it is so chic and in no doubt lives up to the brand’s name ‘Unique’. The hieroglyphics will clash well with the polka dot lips, Aztec bag and the candy lace blazer.
4. Meadham Kirchhoff Nail Wraps, £7 Topshop – To add to the ‘clashing print’ look I am trying to achieve, I thought I should include these adorable Meadham Kirchhoff nail wraps into my wishlist! These cute wraps are only £7 and are exclusive to Topshop. So it came to no surprise when I found out that they sold out! Hopefully they will come back in stock, in the meantime keep your eyes peeled on Gem of Gem Fatale’s Style Blog who had managed to bag these babies to see what they look like!
5. Silver Moon & Star Earrings, £6.37 Miss Selfridge – I love ear cuffs – you might have seen my Style Savvy Shopping post all those moons ago (see what I did there?), where I bought myself a silver Topshop ear cuff. Well, these silver moon and star earrings are perfect for this outfit, and they are very different to the usual earrings you come across.
6. Violent Lips in The Pink Polka, £10 Harvey Nichols – Finally, these pink polka dot temporary lip tattoos add a perfect finishing touch to my ‘clashing print’ look! Lip tattoos are different and unusual – which is why I like them. At £10 they do seem a bit pricey but if you’re going for a ‘unique’ style then Violent Lips are your beacon of calling. I am yet to try them but I cannot wait for pay day when I will bag myself some!
That’s all for this Wednesday’s Wishlist! What items are you currently craving?